It has following positive spin-offs:
- RESOURCE RECOVERY: Plastics, Metals, Glass, Paper, etc. are manufactured after mining and refining the resources drawn from earth.
Resource recovery is one way of extending this time frame.
- ENERGY CONSERVATION: Most resources are manufactured with processes, which are power-intensive.
- GLOBAL WARMING: Resources sent to land-fills are burnt and invariably release “methane”, which is known to cause global warming. Use “RECYCLING BINS” instead of “WASTE BINS” to reduce the global warming effect.
- EMPLOYMENT GENERATION: Recycling is a very big industry world-side though highly un-organized at the moment in INDIA.
- CASH FOR TRASH: For most RECYCABLES, we shall pay a commercially viable rate to the customer/ premises owner. Even the small amount paid to the consumers, when added up would generate substantial income, while also doing their bit for society and environment.